With a smartphone installed base of over 4.5 billion in 2019, 5G access made commercially available in 25 countries at the end of 2019 and expected to reach 154 countries in 2025, mobile markets form undoubtedly part of the most innovative and actively growing sectors.
The inescapability of mobile Apps, used in all activities, from e-commerce to banking, transport, video or gaming, demonstrates the growing role taken by mobile services throughout sectors and regions. The reports aims at disclosing the operating results of such operators, in terms of subscribers, revenues and key indicators such as 4G, 5G, data-only (or USB dongles), and M2M subscribers. Mobile network operators (MNOs) and mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) are regarded separately to provide a complete understanding of market dynamics.
An in-depth analysis of the market structure, evolution of operators’ market shares and country forecasts enables to understand the historical and future key challenges underlying mobile companies’ strategies outcomes.
The indicators include:
- Quarterly subscriber count by actor and country
- Quarterly revenue evolution by actor and country
- ARPU by actor, by country, and comparative evolution
- Group structure analysis
- Additional indicators: data-only mobile subscriptions, MNO and MVNO networks, 4G and 5G subscriptions
- Penetration rate of subscriber numbers and additional KPIs over population
Graphics and visualization tools enable to grasp the market dynamics from first sight. Full data history and forecasts are summarized in downloadable tables, PDF or PPT.
The Mobile industry in Kenya